Spot a spider or varicose vein that looks like it may need treatment? Rather than letting it go and second guessing yourself, we highly recommend having veins looked at to determine any necessary treatment. Although many people with varicose veins do not develop complications, it is impossible to determine a vein’s outcome. While the size of a vein is not related to complications, the duration of the vein is. The following are situations that may arise if left untreated:
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis – In this condition, the varicose vein is inflamed and tender. A clot is usually present in the vein.
- Bleeding – Even with minor trauma, the varicose vein may be associated with bleeding. Because the vein is under high pressure, the bleeding can be quite profuse.
- Venous Eczema – The skin around the vein may become dry and very itchy.
- Venous Pigmentation – This is brown staining of the skin around the ankle. It is due to the leakage of small amount of blood from the veins into the skin.
- Venous Ulceration – This is the formation of ulcers at the ankle.
If you notice the development of varicose or spider veins, please contact us for a free consultation. Visit our Website at www.RenoVeinClinic.com or call us at 775-329-3100.