We’ve rounded up some of the most recommended foods that are beneficial for your skin! Interested in giving some of these a try?
Foods rich in certain vitamins and minerals improve skin, leaving it healthy and glowing. Start with good nutrition on the inside and your face will show the healthy results. In addition, certain foods can be applied directly to your face to feed it from the outside. Get tips on the right ingredients to use to make masks and other facial treatments.
Foods to Eat
- To keep skin healthy and glowing, give it a boost by consuming foods rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and dark leafy greens.
- Feed your face with foods rich in vitamin E, such as vegetable oils, nuts (especially almonds), seeds, olives, spinach, and asparagus.
- Nourish your face with calcium-rich foods such as milk, cheese, and yogurt.
- Nature’s wonder foods, including avocados, pomegranates, kale, fish oil, flaxseed oil, and soy products, can also nourish facial skin.
- Mangoes are great for your complexion, and the antioxidants they contain help prevent premature aging.
- Oysters, known as an aphrodisiac, are also terrific at fighting pimples. They’re rich in zinc, and they prevent acne and help keep skin elastic and moist.
- Wheat germ contains biotin, which is essential for skin health. Sprinkle wheat germ on yogurt for a doubly effective treat!
- Mushrooms are filled with riboflavin (vitamin B2), which makes them a crucial ingredient for tissue repair, especially after your face has been damaged or wounded.
- Fried and greasy foods should be avoided because they feed your face with oil instead of nutrients.