We asked our aesthetic nurse specialist, Joelle Greene RN, to share quick tips to health skin.
- Pour on the protection. Fill the hollow of your palm (about ½ teaspoon) with broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and coat your face, neck and ears- daily.
- Look sun-kissed. Tinting your face with a tinted moisturizer or foundation gives the appearance of youthful skin. Using the sun to actually tint your face however is a big no-no.
- Eat a skin-saving breakfast. The first meal of the day is really the most important. Eating a food high in essential fatty acids, such as almonds, helps kick start the skin. It also helps stop inflammation, sagging, fine lines, and blotchiness.
- Zen your skin. If anyone experiences stress, they will appreciate this. High levels of stress and tension can spike hormone production that leads to breakouts or aggravates conditions like psoriasis. Controlling stress is easier said than done though, to help calm your skin, take 10 minutes to apply a facemask and relax in bed.
- Pair your products. Knowing that certain ingredients, like sunscreen and antioxidants work harmoniously together in the morning, and retinols and peptides are a great nighttime team will allow you to take full advantage of a product’s properties.
- Wear your veggies (and eat them too!) Frozen peas or gel ice packs help soothe itchy, irritated eyes. To reduce swelling and irritation on your face, placing frozen peas or corn over irritated areas is better than an ice pack because it forms to the contours of your face.
These tips will have you on your way to fresher, more beautiful skin, if you are looking for a more advanced treatment to your skin, contact Joelle for a complementary consultation!