Botox can seem a little intimidating if you don’t know what the actual procedure entails. Here’s some basic information about how easy the procedure and recovery can be!
Before the Treatment
- Schedule a consultation to determine whether you are a candidate for Botox.
- You will then be asked about your goals to determine where to administer Botox- to do this, you will be asked to move certain facial muscles in your brow area. The location, size and use of the muscles that create furrow beneath your brows can vary among individuals.
- This is the time to ask any questions you may have about expectations or how long results typically last.
- It is also important to discuss goals and tailor a plan for what you would like to achieve.
- Administering Botox does not require anesthesia. However, if you are uncomfortable, you may have an area numbed with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- You will receive a few tiny injections of Botox directly into the muscles that cause moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
- The entire treatment lasts approximately 10 minutes.
After the Treatment
- No downtime is needed- you’re ready to get on with your day after!
- Your skincare expert will give you specific aftercare instructions.
- Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness- should they become extremely troublesome, contact a professional (though this is usually not expected).
Overall, Botox is a quick procedure with minimal discomfort and downtime! Results that can last from six months to a year which include improved fine lines and softened wrinkles on the face. We know you’ll love your results! To schedule an appointment with Joelle, please call (775) 329-3100.