As we know, varicose veins are swollen, bulging veins — usually in the legs. They can make standing and other activities painful.
Although not all cases are preventable, the womenshealth.gov Web site suggests how to help thwart varicose veins:
- Apply sunscreen to your skin daily.
- Get regular exercise to help make your legs stronger and improve circulation. Concentrate on activities that benefit the legs.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Move around frequently, avoiding long periods of sitting or standing.
- Don’t wear clothes that are too tight. Also avoid high-heeled shoes.
- Wear elastic support stockings.
- Eat more fiber to help prevent constipation, which can trigger varicose veins. Also, cut back on salt in your diet.
Unfortunately, not all varicose veins can be prevented. Luckily, Reno Vein Clinic offers the most advanced vein treatments available. NOW is the perfect time to see if a vein treatment is right for you. You’ll be ready to bare your legs for the warmer months!