Let’s face it, mornings are rough…It can often be a challenge to find the motivation to get out of bed in the mornings, especially if your varicose veins cause you pain and discomfort. However, there are several things you can do to help trick yourself into becoming a morning person. If you can train yourself to wake up easier in the mornings, it’ll make you feel more rested and more energized and in turn make you more productive. Follow these tips to help yourself wake up easier!
- Practice good sleep hygiene: The easiest way to wake up easier in the mornings is to get a good night’s sleep. Keeping a consistent sleep schedule, even on the weekends, is one of the best ways to get quality sleep. Hitting the snooze button is a sign of sleep deprivation, so if you find your hand gravitating towards the snooze, try going to bed earlier and see how it makes a difference over time.
- Set a motive first thing: It’s important to set goals for yourself. Come up with a meaningful, tangible reason for waking up early. Whether it’s having time to cook a healthy breakfast or go for a walk around your neighborhood, you’ll be happy to have something to work towards and feel accomplished right when you start your day.
- Bite the bullet: If you wake up naturally within ten minutes of your alarm, it can be so tempting to go back to sleep and wait until your alarm goes off. However, waking up naturally is the best way to greet the day, and you’ll feel much better if you just get out of bed when you wake up. Also, as tempting as hitting the snooze can be, if you wake up right when your alarm goes off, you’ll feel more rested than if you get an extra five minutes of restless sleep.
- Seize the day: Instead of waking up with a groan and a sigh, look ahead to what you’re expecting to be the best part of your day. Don’t think about that afternoon meeting you have, but instead of your lunch date with your friend! It’s a much better way to motivate yourself to wake up.
- Exercise and eat a healthy breakfast: If you can make time in the morning, try to fit in a short workout and eat a healthy breakfast. It’ll make all the difference in your daily productivity!