It is important to keep up your fruit and vegetable intake when taking care of your veins! Many delicious summer salads allow you to get both your fruits and vegetables in, in the same meal. Try this Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing, it only takes 15 minutes to make, and invite family and friends to try it too!
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced (or you can double this to 2 avocados!)
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 batch poppy seed dressing (recipe below)
POPPYSEED DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or any oil, such as olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- pinch of ground dry mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
TO MAKE THE POPPYSEED DRESSING:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, or more to taste.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing until combined. Serve immediately.
For more details and other healthy, summer recipes go to: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/avocado-strawberry-spinach-salad-with-poppyseed-dressing/