What is better than a refreshing smoothie on a hot summer day? Well, one that can also help in maintaining and boost your vein health! Vitamin C is one of the most effective vitamins that can reduce varicose veins. According to A. Vogel, Vitamin C promotes good blood circulation, reduces inflammation, and strengthens the walls of our veins. Check out this Turmeric Pina Colada Smoothie that is not only Vitamin C packed, but also contains the many health benefits that come from turmeric, a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Try the recipe below and tell us what you think!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped, approximate
- 1 banana
- 1 orange or 2 small (skin removed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or one of those cute baby tins
- Small thumb sized piece of fresh turmeric peeled (or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric)
- Add everything to your blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, finely grate the turmeric first otherwise you’ll end up with little chunky bits in your smoothie.
To learn more about this recipe, or find other healthy recipes, go to: https://quitegoodfood.co.nz/turmeric-pina-colada-smoothie/