We are gearing up for the 4th, and we found a healthy, delicious and not-so-average fruit salad we know you’ll enjoy and feel great eating! This summer salad can even be made into an “adult” version if you’re headed out with just a group of friends! Check out the recipe below from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles and let us know if you try it this 4th! Happy Independence Day, friends!
- 8 c. cubed watermelon, about 1″ in size
- 4 c. hulled and quartered strawberries
- 3 c. blueberries
- 18 large mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 4 T. powdered sugar
- 4 T. white rum, optional
- Jicama stars, optional
- Place fruit in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped mint, lime juice, and powdered sugar. With the back of a spoon, muddle the mint to release its flavor. Stir in rum, if desired.
- Drizzle mixture over fruit. Gently fold to combine. Then place in fridge to chill, and to let the fruit juices mingle. This can be made a few hours prior to serving. Just be sure to fold right before eating.
To include jicama stars, cut jicama into 1/4″ slices. Use a sharp star-shaped cutter to create stars, about 1-3/4″ in size. To preserve their whiteness, I wait to toss the stars into the salad until right before serving.
Want to read more about the recipe, learn more on A Farmgirl’s Dabbles here: https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/mojito-fruit-salad/